Hailed as one of the founding fathers of the community and its namesake, Frederick W. Schumacher started The Schumacher Foundation in the early 1950′s. The foundation’s contributions to the community of Schumacher are well known and include providing annual Christmas presents to every child in the community since 1916, awarding annual student scholarships, and supporting community initiatives like the school playground upgrade, the Camp Bickell renovation project, and most recently, the Schumacher International Peace Park. The foundation has also generously supported the preservation of local heritage through funding for the Schumacher Lives documentary film & interactive website, while also regularly providing financial donations to SACHA to support its community events and association activities.
We are extremely grateful to Lesley Blanchard, current Director of the Schumacher Foundation, along with her brothers and foundation trustees, Carter and Hunter Finnell. As great-grandchildren of F.W. Schumacher, they are living links between the community and its original founder, Mr. Schumacher.